The Deepdale Dash
This year's Deepdale Dash will take place on Sunday 4th November 2018!
The online entries are now closed, as the race was full in record time, but CLICK HERE to view event information and list of current entrants.
However, you can still enter the FUN RUN by CLICKING HERE
Start Location of the Deepdale Dash: Baysgarth School, Barrow Rd, Barton upon Humber, North Lincolnshire, DN18 6AE
Introduction Barton and District AC will again be hosting their annual Deepdale Dash 10K Road Race and Fun Run for its 9th consecutive year. This event has proven very popular in previous years selling out well in advance. This race starts and finishes at Baysgarth School and provides an undulating but fast 10k course. The course records stand at 32:20 by Anthony Whiteman and Jenny Blizard 37:48 which have remained unbroken for the last few years.
The race HQ is located in Baysgarth School Sports Hall creating a friendly atmosphere for the whole family.
From the South Via A15 (M180, M18, M1) - Join A15 North signpost Humber Bridge at Junction 5, M180 Barnetby Top. Exit at last exit before Humber Bridge A1077, turn right (3rd exit) at roundabout down long hill into Barton. Turn right at mini roundabout sign posted Barrow A1077 through the Market Place and after 500 yards turn left onto Falklands Way, then after 400 yards turn right into Wren Kitchens where marshals will direct you to the parking.
From the North Via Humber Bridge-Exit left onto the slip road immediately after crossing the Humber Bridge down long hill into Barton. Turn right at mini roundabout sign posted Barrow A1077 through the Market Place and after 500 yards turn left onto Falklands Way, then after 400 yards turn right into Wren Kitchens where marshals will direct you to the parking.
Family Fun Run: 10am
Deepdale Dash 10k: 11am
The fun run starts on the school field, adjacent to race HQ (school sports hall). No limit for Fun Run, Entries accepted on the day before 9.45am. The 10k race starts on Barrow Rd-10k
Changing Facilities and Toilets - Male and Female changing plus toilets are located at race HQ, Baysgarth School Sports Hall and additional toilets in annex (will be sign posted)
Course - Visit the Barton and District AC website where you can view the course route.
Drink Station - There will be a drink station at approximate 5k.
Prizes - Presentations will take place at Race HQ starting at 12.30pm. NB. Athletes entering on the day WILL be eligible for prizes
Results - A full set of results will be posted at www.barton-district-ac.co.uk shortly after the event
Finishers Memento - All finishers will receive a goodie bag. Fun Run finishers will receive a commemorative medal.
Additional Services Available on Race Day
Sports massage will be available, Cake and refreshments stall. A selection of home baked goodies, snacks, hot and cold drinks
Safety / Medical information
- Please complete your medical information on the back of your running number
- Cascare will be providing first aid cover for the event
- There are no Road Closures, normal highway and road safety rules apply-please use caution
- Athletes using MP3, Walkman, i-phones etc during the race will be excluded from the results - parts of the course are on roads with a 60 mph speed limit and you need to be able to hear traffic, and marshals instructions.
- Be aware of un even road surfaces
- Numbers must be worn on the front of the vest securely pinned at each corner and worn as issued i.e.not cut down or folded over'
- Keep to the left of the road unless instructed by a marshal. Failure to do so could lead to disqualification. There is a marshalled crossing point at the top of Caistor Road both outwards and return.
Incase of Adverse Weather
Please check our www on the morning of the event if you are in doubt the event will run due to adverse weather. A decision will be posted by 9am at the latest on race day.
Enjoy the day and don’t forget to leave feedback using the contact us link on the Website!